Rate based on double occupancy / 20 guest minimum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Hotel Accommodations / 3-4 Star
- Transportation – Luxury Motor Coach or Mercedes Sprinter Vans
- Attraction Admissions
- Water daily
- Breakfast Daily
- Welcome Dinner
Day 1: Arrive Portland
Upon arrival in Portland, you will be met at the airport and commence right into a Portland city tour exploring all the city has to offer, infamous Rose Garden, downtown Cultural District & Neighborhoods before heading to Astoria the once renowned Salmon Capitol of the world and oldest American Settlement West of the Rockies.
- We will visit the Astoria Column and an optional afternoon visit to Ft Clatsop, 1805-1806 winter home of Lewis and Clark, Crops of Discovery (or) the Maritime Museum to learn why the mouth of the Columbia is called the “Graveyard of the Pacific” and ideal training location for the US Coastguard.
- Overnight in Astoria
Day 2: Depart Astoria for Newport
“Astoria is a city of 10,000 people on the Columbia River, just a few miles from the Pacific Ocean. It is surrounded by the beauty of the forest, mountains, three rivers and the sea.”.
Free time to shop and walk on Cannon Beach and get close to the most photographed spot, Haystack Rock and the Needles.
On our way south down Coast Highway 101, we will see dramatic cliff side views of the beautiful Pacific Ocean before stopping at the Tillamook Cheese Factory for a little sampling and self guided tour.
- The afternoon finds us making our way to Newport OR, former home of Keiko the whale at the Newport Aquariums world class marine educational facility.
- Overnight in Newport
Day 3: Depart Newport for Bandon OR
This morning we will visit the Yaquina Head Lighthouse Outstanding area and visitor center. “The 93 foot tower, Oregon’s tallest Lighthouse”
Driving south this afternoon finds us hugging the rugged cliffs and shores of the Oregon Coast for some spectacular scenery and photo ops. The afternoon free time lands us in Old Town Florence on the Suislaw River for shopping and lunch.
- Driving inland a ways brings us to the town of Coos Bay where we will visit a Myrtlewood factory and store. This is the rare opportunity to bring home gifts of the Oregon Myrtlewood.
- Overnight in Bandon
Day 4: Depart Bandon for the Coastal Redwoods
The beautiful and amazing coastal drive is not over! We continue on hwy 101, to the Oregon – California border to visit the Jedediah Smith Redwood State park.
“With its huge swath of uninterrupted old growth, Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park is the most unspoiled redwood park.”
- We don’t stay long in CA so we head back up to Oregon through the windy and amazingly green Rouge River and Klamath National Forests. As we enter the Southern Oregon banana belt, Grants Pass, we will help you cool off with an adventurous and scenic Jetboat ride on the Wild and Scenic Rouge River to Hellgate Canyon. We finish the afternoon ride with a Country Banquet dinner experience at the O.K. Corral.
- Overnight in Grants Pass
Day 5: Depart Grants Pass to Bend OR
- Crater Lake National Park
We leave early this morning to head up the scenic Rouge River valley to the top of Mt Mazama to visit Oregon’s one and only National Park, Crater Lake, were we will spend half the day visiting all the must see views and attractions.
- Central Oregon
Our afternoon will offer a tour of the High Desert outdoor living Museum, before arriving Bend OR for an overnight. You will have the option to explore Old Town Bend for numerous dining options on your own.
- Overnight in Bend
Day 6: Depart Bend to Portland
- We make our way North through Central Oregon before crossing over the Cascade Mountain Range for our 1st stop, Timberline Lodge, 6000ft on Mt Hood, Oregon highest volcano. We will have a tour of the Historic Lodge and enjoy lunch.
- Our afternoon finds us back in the Rose city, Portland OR.
- You will have the evening free to wander downtown Portland in this lively, walking friendly city and seek out the unlimited dinning options to enjoy on your own.
- Overnight in Portland
Day 7: Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area Tour
- We start along the Historic Columbia River Highway National Scenic Byway. Some of the waterfalls make include; Portland Women’s Forum, Crown Point Vista House, Latourell Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Multnomah Falls, Horse Tail Falls and Bonneville Dam.
- The great ice age Lake Missoula Flood left scars literally from Montana to the Pacific Ocean. Join us as we explore the waterfalls, photographs, and our tour guides share research uncovering the effects of the Lake Missoula Flood in Northwest Oregon; Southwest Washington.
Day 8: Departure day