Duration: 9:00am – 12:45pm or 2:00pm -5:45pm
Pricing: $60 per person
Pick-up Location: Downtown Portland Hotels or Pre- arranged locations
AHWT IS A CERTIFIED SELLING AGENT FOR TRAVELSAFE INSURANCE – Protect your trip for unforeseen cancellation (air, hotel, tours). Click here
America’s Hub World Tours, Oregon Tours Experts and other local partners strive to bring you the very best and most complete tour experience available.
* Bring a Camera! The views of the waterfalls and the Columbia River Gorge are spectacular photo opportunities and also provide the perfect backdrop for selfies and group photos.
* Learn the History! During the journey to the waterfalls and other stops, you’ll learn about the land and the region’s culture, and how this incredible landscape was shaped over time.
Millions of years ago, during the formation of the Cascade Mountain Range, lava and other pyroclastic matter flowed west from what would be the Cascades all the way to the Pacific Ocean, creating a thick shell of basalt rock that covered Western Oregon. Then, during the Pleistocene Ice Age, roughly 15,000 years ago, water from the Lake Missoula Flood carved out the Columbia River Gorge as hundreds of cubic miles of water, ice, rock and mud rushed from present-day Montana to the Pacific Ocean. Explore the beauty of the canyon walls and rock formations, breathtaking waterfalls and awe-inspiring visas that make the Columbia River National Scenic Area one of the Seven Wonders of Oregon. Our enthusiastic guides will introduce you to the most amazing places in the Gorge, while providing a comprehensive narrative of this spectacular landscape and its transformative history.
Although nearly 50,000 acres of the Columbia River National Scenic Area was recently ravaged by a devastating forest fire, we will visit areas that are open to the public. Your adventure will take place along the Historic Columbia River National Scenic Byway, where some of the locations we may stop include, Portland Women’s Forum, Crown Point Vista House, Latourell Falls, Multnomah Falls, and Shepperd’s Dell.
Vista House at Crown Point: Perched atop one of the most panoramic overlooks in the Columbia River Gorge, Vista House provides an unrivaled, majestic view of the Gorge. Often referred to as “The Crown Jewel of the Columbia River Gorge,” Vista House was built between 1916 and 1918 as a memorial to Oregon pioneers, a scenic viewpoint, and a comfort station for those traveling on the newly constructed Historic Columbia River Highway. Built with expertly carved sandstone and stunning marble, then finished with bronze lining and amber-green opalescent art glass windows, Vista House and the view it offers are sure to amaze and inspire you.
Latourell Falls: This dazzling waterfall plunges 249 feet (76 m) over a massive wall of basalt and then rushes through the forest into the Columbia River. The falling water of Latourell is framed by some of the most perfect columnar basalt formations in the Pacific Northwest that are adorned with a large florescent patch of yellow lichen and shrouded in brilliant green flora. We’ll venture down to the punch-bowl pool below the falls, where you’ll hear the tremendous rush of water and feel the cool mist that it creates. You’ll easily realize why this special place is one of the most photographed waterfalls in Oregon.
Multnomah Falls: Fed by underground streams that originate miles above on Larch Mountain, this ancient 620 foot (189 m) waterfall is divided into two sections; the upper falls plummets an impressive 542 feet into a pool and again drops 69 feet to form a creek that runs into the Columbia River. Multnomah Falls is the second highest year-round waterfall in the United States and the highest in Oregon, and is Oregon’s number one natural attraction, drawing over 2.5 million visitors a year from around the world. At the base of the waterfall sits the Historic Multnomah Falls Lodge, a full-service day lodge complete with restaurant, gift shop, snack and espresso bar and interpretative center. Although much of the area surrounding Multnomah Falls was recently damaged by fire, you will be able to visit the lodge and experience the natural beauty of the waterfall.
Customized and Private Tours: All tours can easily be customized and/or made private. Please contact us for details and pricing.
Tour Price Includes: Guest pick up and drop off, transportation and tour guide, and all applicable fees, unless otherwise stated.
Not Included in Price: Gratuity and lunch. You will have an opportunity to purchase lunch and/or snacks along the way.
Requirements: Tours require a 2-person minimum for confirmation. Please contact us for current tour times and availability.
Payment: Reservations can be made on-line or by phone with a credit or debit card. Payment will be processed immediately to secure your reservation. Payment on the day of pick up will not guarantee your reservation. Cash payments will be accepted at the time of tour.
Reservations: All reservations are final at time of booking. We recommend two weeks in advance for reservations especially during our high volume seasons. If you are scheduling a tour without prior reservations, please call to confirm departure and availability.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Terms and Conditions:
- Other Entities: America’s Hub World Tours (AHWT) will not be held responsible for cancelations, changes to services/fees/price, conduct, of quality of goods and services for entities that operate under any name other than AHWT including, but not limited to: vendors, tour operators, vineyards and wineries, event staff, hotels, transportation companies, restaurants and entertainers.
- Weather: Unless otherwise noted and specified all services are planned to operate regardless of weather. In the event of an “Act of God” and weather presents a safety issue AHWT will offer other tours to consider. There will be no reimbursements, full or partial, for inclement weather experienced during any service provided. It is the responsibility of the guests to be prepared for predicted weather and dress accordingly.
III. Conduct: AHWT assumes no responsibility for conduct of individuals other than its guides/employees/officers.
- Indemnify: Except as otherwise prohibited by law each party shall indemnify and hold the other party harmless from all claims, actions, suits, losses, and expenses of any nature for its employees or subcontractors, breach of their agreement, negligence or intentional misconduct.
- Insurance: America’s Hub World Tours (AHWT), will ensure all tour operators and bus companies provide insurance coverage for all vehicles utilized while providing services.
No smoking or consumption of alcohol or intoxicating drugs is allowed in vehicles. America’s Hub World Tours (AHWT) is not responsible for articles left in vehicles. A $200 minimum damage/cleaning fee resulting from customer misuse will be automatically charged. All passengers are responsible and liable for their own actions while in vehicles; neither the driver nor the company is responsible or liable for any injury or damage caused by, or as a result of any customer actions. America’s Hub World Tours (AHWT) is not in control of traffic, and therefore takes no responsibility for time delays due to traffic.
For more information regarding the many other tours we offer please visit us at: http://www.americashubworldtours.com